Percy Moo as Einstein

Percy Moo as Einstein
Dog=Einstein2

Saturday 16 February 2013

New Boots and Panties

Bad joke: We all know that we're supposed to give something up for Lent, but didn't Ratzinger take it a teeny bit too far?.

Except for the Valencia Science Museum, my last few posts seem to have been news-
driven,as the bad joke above only goes to show. Today, therefore, I want to talk about getting booted and suited up for Spring.

Like most men, I try to avoid shopping for clothes, but it was becoming an imperious necessity as the public at large was beginning to get too unwillingly familiar with the colour of my underwear. Enlisting the enthusiastic aid of my daughter, off we went to the shops...

The result? two pairs of jeans, a pair of cargo trousers, some stripey socks and a goodly pile of T-shirts. It was only as the clothes were being bagged at the cash desk that I realised that everything (except the socks and one Tshirt) was dark blue!

I had forgotten the sensual pleasure of the contact of new, unknown,fabrics against my skin, so what matter if they are blue? It feels good to be in new clothes. 

My almost exclusively monochromatic colour choice probably speaks volumes about me, but at least all the jeans go well with my large collection of white shirts. Ho hum.

1 comment:

  1. I too tend to buy clothes in fire-fighting mode. My favourite colours are red and black. I also like colourful socks, the brighter and more patterned, the better.

    Costume has changed hugely during my life time and I have moved with the current as far as possible but I draw the line at tee shirts, other than as underwear. I require my shirts to have collars still.

    What is wonderful about today's clothes is that people can wear more or less what they want and no one turns a hair. In my young day it was not so but, then again, it was easy to be eccentric as it took very little alteration to the standard dress to achieve this. Today's young people have a very hard job to stand out from the crowd.

    ReplyDelete