Percy Moo as Einstein

Percy Moo as Einstein
Dog=Einstein2

Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Jaded Rabbit

More unreliable Chinese crap: China's Moon rover hits trouble: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-25908527
OK, I know that other countries' space missions have sometimes failed too, but they tend to be probes that have travelled further and they also tend to be relatively rare events, but to send a probe to the moon (probably using "borrowed" technology) and get it wrong in the 21st century???

Like I said, unreliable Chinese junk. What else is new? Especially considering the vehicle is known as a (god help them) rover. Now I find this ironic, as Rover was a crippled British car company bought by a Chinese corporation and shipped to the Middle Kingdom lock, stock and rusty barrel a few years back[1]

Rover was, of course, infamous for its bad managment, poor quality and bolshie workforce, the leaders of this latter being revolutionary communists. In the long run it looks as if they've won. Rover is indeed producing crap cars in a workers' paradise, aka an oppressive communist regime. China.




[1] Thereby doing British industry a great favour while confirming my own pet theory that Chinese industry is addicted to producing low-quality crap – they’ll even go to the lengths of buying such industries in!


3 comments:

  1. China is destroying our (the West's) capacity to produce quality goods (Rovers and French cars excepted!) at realistic prices by offering us the quick fix of cheap substitutes and replacing robust, quality products with horrible, fragile junk that should really be chucked in the bin as soon as you buy it - or better still, before buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In view of your timely criticism, I will not be buying any Chinese rovers or Rovers in the foreseeable future. At least for my own use. (When it comes to cheap presents for other people, hum, well, you see my point...)

    I have little knowledge of China and the Chinese though the few Chinese I know are admirable people with enviable personal qualities. Perhaps the difficulty their vast country faces is that of translating the personal to the national. One of the common features of repressive governments is that they do tend to make a hash of more than just ruling the nation.

    As for borrowed technology, well, many a multimillionaire began his rise to fortune on borrowed money so we should perhaps wait and see what the future holds for China before writing it off as an incompetent purveyor of faulty accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not doubt that many Chinese people are indeed admirable, but my personal experience with people from mainland China is not, well, encouraging. In the course of my profession, I have dealt with many students from the PRC and have always found them to be very cooperative and respectful, but deeply apathetic to any cultures or customs not their own.

    I have also found their manners to be sadly lacking: hawking and spitting in class being a very common trait. Furthermore I have also been witness to gross misbehavour towards Japanese students, making studiedly hurtful insults towards them and even going so far as publicly to demand their removal from the class.

    Taking into account that these particular Chines students were the children of party bosses and/or billion- or millionaire parenst, I am afraid that my perception has been rather unfavourably prejudiced to the PRC as a whole.

    As for "borrowed" the word I was really seeking to use was plundered - we are all aware of the huge extent of falsification of goods and industrial espionage that takes place in the Middle Kingdom. My hopes for the future vis à vis the PRC are not good.

    ReplyDelete