Percy Moo as Einstein

Percy Moo as Einstein
Dog=Einstein2

Sunday 17 March 2013

Guess Where I've Been

A block of flats with lifeboats. Global warming and the 
rise in sea levels is getting serious. Ooh-err as they 
used to say in the Beano!
This weekend I was lucky enough to escape from Seville for a few hours and travel to another Andalusian city. As you can see I've included a photo of one of the streets there.  It would seem that the architects in this particular place enjoy a great degree of foresight - and judging by the satellite dish on the roof the inhabitants probably get to see some decent telly too! I will be posting more on my trip when I have my notes and photos in better order. A final clue: Norman Bates ran a hotel here. 


4 comments:

  1. OK, wild guess: Cádiz. You would be looking along Calle México towards your "block of flats with lifeboats" which is actually an ocean-going liner moored at the quay.

    Bates Motel was in the middle of nowhere but Psycho was filmed, I believe, near Los Angeles and there is a place called Los Ángeles in Cádiz.

    As I say, just a wild guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wild, but completely correct guess as to the city. The prize is a freshly-made, piping hot empanada de atún, but you will have to come and pick it up in person, due to health and safety rules.

    I also learnt something new about the province - I didn't know about Los Ángeles.

    My Norman Bates clue was a bit devilish as it referred to a rather creepy hostal where we once stayed and did not dare have a shower in case the receptionist (who really did look like Norman Bates) jumped in and knifed us! The only other person who could possibly have known that would be my half-orange, as the Spanish say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the empanada but you had best eat it yourself as I am a vegetarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make delicious spinach ones, too!

    ReplyDelete